Berberine is an alkaloid present in a number of plants, including barberry, tree turmeric, Oregon grape and goldenseal. Its history dates back 3 000 years, when it used in traditional Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic medicine. Berberine has fast become one of the most researched plant extracts and remains in the scientific spotlight supported by 4500 published studies.
Whilst Berberine has a series of benefits, this important plant extract demonstrates important benefits to conditions related to metabolic syndrome. This is because Berberine is one of the few compounds known to activate AMPKwhich is an enzyme inside your body’s cells. It’s sometimes called a “metabolic master switch” because it plays an important role in regulating metabolism. The unique way in which Berberine acts on the body makes it a useful nature- based option for supporting blood sugar balance.
Modern research shows that Berberine supports healthy blood sugar, blood pressure and blood lipid levels as well as overall general health. An additional benefit, is that Berberine may support healthy weight management as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle plan,
In every capsule of Bio-Berberine™ Complex, the benefits of berberine are further enhanced by 25mg of Origine 8® – a liposome infused polyphenol rich green tea extract – and 25ug chromium, an essential trace mineral that can improve insulin sensitivity and enhance protein, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism
- Berberine HCI (from Berberis aristateextract, root) (500mg)
- Origine 8® (15mg Phytophare® green tea extract, of which catechin EGCG is 6mg) (25mg)
- Phosphatidylcholine complex (10mg)
- Chromium (25ug)
- Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica
- Warnings and special precautions: If you are taking antibiotic, anti-coagulant, anti-platelet, blood pressure or diabetes medication, or if you have a bleeding disorder or any other medical condition, consult your healthcare provider before taking Berberine®. Not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Do not exceed recommended dose. Store at or below 25°C. Keep in outer container until required for use. Protect from moisture. Keep out of reach of children.Health supplement Category D
Recommended use: Adults and Children over 12 years to take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily with meals, or as recommended by your healthcare provider.
Indications: Supports healthy blood sugar, blood pressure and blood lipid levels as well as overall general health.
Capsules per container: 60